You cry, I weep...you laugh, I weep
My child
O thee, separated from Me since birth
O thee who walks every bit of the visible earth
Who inhabits every land, speaks every tongue
In what slumber do you lie now?
You O the loud and the silent ...the meek and the violent
Is it that the curse that you carry on your heads since birth
Only deepens as you age? You forget, you forget in your rage
In the manic bursts of your angry mind
You forget another's humanity and go after him, so unkind
Savage and venomous, as though for hundreds of years
You tossed in that cauldron
Of hate, poison, enmity, doubt and revenge?
From where did you, alas where
Did you fill this heart meant for love
With an infinite seething? Spreading further and teething
More and more of wars not peace
I did not in My image cast you, to thus
Spread My name
O you ignorant, led by the ignorant.
Perhaps 'tis not you, but myself i ought to blame
For though I sent you in an image of Me
And upon seeing my reflection, you fell in love with Me
I forgot to make in you those eyes
That would see, from every other soul, it was Me
Who looked at thee,
While you thought I was the 'stranger', the 'enemy'
The 'other' outside of you,
It was only Me, Me and Me, surrounding thee
In every act you committed against any
And you robbed them of their dignity
You thought of getting even with Me
But alas, you only got even with yourself
And you got even with Me
Alas you searched me in places of worship
Searching me in stones or books with other signs
For your own divinity which may lie encoded there
In the soul of man you could see me not
Or in those eyes of all from which the soul peeped out
Or the voice or the touch in which the soul encased itself;
You saw not that I lay in thee
So you saw me as the 'other', the 'outsider', the 'heretic'
The one to be slain, conquored or vanquished
You see not me as you see yourself, you O ignorant
Ones 'mong my children
So far from the silences of my soul
When i see your game
I feel I was wrong to have sent you out so
Incapable, forgetful and ignorant
Of your own, nay my Divine light, in you that I hid
Alas, it was not you that is to blame but me
For with the curse of forgetfulness I sent thee
Faraway from me, thinking you would create around you
That kingdom of peace, a heaven for all
But having reduced your mind to being so small
I really pinned my own mistaken hopes on you
So that now, in centuries of my watching you
Changing things around now and then tossing you
To reach and react to a new calamity, a new deluge
A new challenge, a new anything
I see how you let me down, you fail, I fail
You cry, I weep,...for your pain reaches me so
But when you laugh, in your mad, ignorant frenzies you laugh
For vanquishing, extinguishing your brother, or your friend
you laugh in the savageness of your act, you exult
I weep, Oh I weep
For your laughter is My failure
You half-made ones, the ignorant ones,
Crying over self but laughing at another,
You the ones I cursed when birthed
You all of you, O the cursed of Babel
You laugh, but I weep
I who births you all.
22nd July 2013
Guru purnima today
O thee, separated from Me since birth
O thee who walks every bit of the visible earth
Who inhabits every land, speaks every tongue
In what slumber do you lie now?
You O the loud and the silent ...the meek and the violent
Is it that the curse that you carry on your heads since birth
Only deepens as you age? You forget, you forget in your rage
In the manic bursts of your angry mind
You forget another's humanity and go after him, so unkind
Savage and venomous, as though for hundreds of years
You tossed in that cauldron
Of hate, poison, enmity, doubt and revenge?
From where did you, alas where
Did you fill this heart meant for love
With an infinite seething? Spreading further and teething
More and more of wars not peace
I did not in My image cast you, to thus
Spread My name
O you ignorant, led by the ignorant.
Perhaps 'tis not you, but myself i ought to blame
For though I sent you in an image of Me
And upon seeing my reflection, you fell in love with Me
I forgot to make in you those eyes
That would see, from every other soul, it was Me
Who looked at thee,
While you thought I was the 'stranger', the 'enemy'
The 'other' outside of you,
It was only Me, Me and Me, surrounding thee
In every act you committed against any
And you robbed them of their dignity
You thought of getting even with Me
But alas, you only got even with yourself
And you got even with Me
Alas you searched me in places of worship
Searching me in stones or books with other signs
For your own divinity which may lie encoded there
In the soul of man you could see me not
Or in those eyes of all from which the soul peeped out
Or the voice or the touch in which the soul encased itself;
You saw not that I lay in thee
So you saw me as the 'other', the 'outsider', the 'heretic'
The one to be slain, conquored or vanquished
You see not me as you see yourself, you O ignorant
Ones 'mong my children
So far from the silences of my soul
When i see your game
I feel I was wrong to have sent you out so
Incapable, forgetful and ignorant
Of your own, nay my Divine light, in you that I hid
Alas, it was not you that is to blame but me
For with the curse of forgetfulness I sent thee
Faraway from me, thinking you would create around you
That kingdom of peace, a heaven for all
But having reduced your mind to being so small
I really pinned my own mistaken hopes on you
So that now, in centuries of my watching you
Changing things around now and then tossing you
To reach and react to a new calamity, a new deluge
A new challenge, a new anything
I see how you let me down, you fail, I fail
You cry, I weep,...for your pain reaches me so
But when you laugh, in your mad, ignorant frenzies you laugh
For vanquishing, extinguishing your brother, or your friend
you laugh in the savageness of your act, you exult
I weep, Oh I weep
For your laughter is My failure
You half-made ones, the ignorant ones,
Crying over self but laughing at another,
You the ones I cursed when birthed
You all of you, O the cursed of Babel
You laugh, but I weep
I who births you all.
22nd July 2013
Guru purnima today
Comments