Fervently wait
I fervently wait
These days
For a certain little mail to come into
My box that tells me
That something that I sent to someone
Long ago, or seemingly so
Has been accepted-
I fervently wait
And listlessly sometimes
Or maybe innumerable times
Go and check my mailbox
To see, if without me
Knowing, quietly
A little note has slipped in
To say, 'yes, your work we take
'And for print in our care
From here
We shall take it further to eyes
And those ear(s)
That await your writing, your art, your
Confessions and your failure (s)
We shall share
Further, do not worry.'
But alas months have passed by
In that waiting, for that mail to come
From one to another bit of writing I have
Tried to bury myself in
So now when of them all
The most difficult I attempt
That waiting seems even more
Agonizing, painful and fearsome (though rarely so)
'N me fervently waiting
As one day into another
Melts away-
My time to wind off this work
Too draws to a close
Yet begins to drag itself in a laboured sort of a way
For fear of what has not come
And was due to
In all these month of waiting
And a lifetime of work behind me-
I find myself
Fervently waiting-
Yet another day-
These days
For a certain little mail to come into
My box that tells me
That something that I sent to someone
Long ago, or seemingly so
Has been accepted-
I fervently wait
And listlessly sometimes
Or maybe innumerable times
Go and check my mailbox
To see, if without me
Knowing, quietly
A little note has slipped in
To say, 'yes, your work we take
'And for print in our care
From here
We shall take it further to eyes
And those ear(s)
That await your writing, your art, your
Confessions and your failure (s)
We shall share
Further, do not worry.'
But alas months have passed by
In that waiting, for that mail to come
From one to another bit of writing I have
Tried to bury myself in
So now when of them all
The most difficult I attempt
That waiting seems even more
Agonizing, painful and fearsome (though rarely so)
'N me fervently waiting
As one day into another
Melts away-
My time to wind off this work
Too draws to a close
Yet begins to drag itself in a laboured sort of a way
For fear of what has not come
And was due to
In all these month of waiting
And a lifetime of work behind me-
I find myself
Fervently waiting-
Yet another day-
Comments