If only...

If only
I could just
Make one beautiful bird like nature
Or one beautiful sunset like the sky
Or a pure, crystal clear song emanate from my throat
The way the birds, everyday in their moody chirps and twitters
Whistle-
Alas, it is not to be
For I just remain a little artist
In myriad ways who tries to capture
What nature creates so effortlessly
All my pain, all my tears, all my fears and my ecstasies
Pale when despite my best, i am so colourless
In front of this infinity that nature creates every single moment in time
And me- aware of it every moment too.

I remain 'little' for the little beauty that I create
It intoxicates me so -
That I gloat in its lights, in its splendour, in its color
It blinds me so-
I throw parties in my name, or I go berserk falling in love with me-self
Again and again, and again!
Then I remain at my 'little' level, and the birds sing outside
The sky changes an infinite hue
Yet I think to me-self 'I am the creator'
My little 'creation'- insignificant, inconsequential, arrogant...

Yet I strut about it, I show off my little painting,
My solitary song, I wrap it up into films and posters
I record it on albums and devices
Waiting for applause from others who behold it, hear it or watch it
I gloat in my little one book of poetry or prose
Or may be ten books or more
Or a hundred songs or paintings,
Or murals or sculptures or movies-

Nothing I am, yet full of ME-self
So arrogant, proud and conceited I am
Nature silently weaves and I think 'tis me
The colours change around and I think 'tis me
Ah! ignorant, ignorant me
Insignificant, yet full of significance- for my 'little' ego
Reminds me, reminds me
That maybe I am 'special'
Am I really so?

Can I be special unless really 
I acknowledge all this infinity around me
Not let my 'little' pride take me to that mountain peak
That my pgymy mind creates and makes me perch on?
Am I really special or is it is little me, reflecting the GIANT ME?
And forgetting the giant I owe inspiration to, take it to come from within
Once again arrogant, blinded and dwarfed
Full of my own significance
Alas how insignificant finally!


Comments

Popular Posts