I raise an Army too- 10th July 2013

I raise and army too

You wake a soldier
From his sleep and set him for the war
You push him to kill his brother
'N spread your ugly horror
You rob sons from their mothers
The young from their equally young lovers
You bomb, you maim, you orphan, you ravage
One country by another

You O lusting, avaricious
Sellers of arms,
You let men die, like dead flies
Sellers of death 'n its machinery
Pit brother 'gainst brother

You draw imaginary lines on earth
'N make them think no end
Or make them see that significant
To kill in its name
To plunder, to rape,
To forget their souls (or of another)
Making them savage, insane

(2)
But I have come
Like I had to now
From the shadows who saw all your game (s)
You killed me in Sarajevo
You kill me now in Kashmir
On Africa's parched lands I die hungry
On American soil as a 'black' I am shot
In Indian jungles you rob my earth
To hunt me down in Afghanistan
In Egypt and in Guatenamo
The way once gassed in Auschwitz
The bomb once dropped on Hiroshima
You now repeat in Fukushima
You starve me now in the name of country
'N I freeze on the mountains between Iraq and Iran
I die a Hazara in Pakistan

You have broken
Inch by inch of my every single bone
Reduced me to a shattered mass
Devoid of life, sans every dream
Or sans eyes that could behold it at all-

I have looked at my shattering and scattering
I've looked around in stunned silences
'N wept mid remains of me, so pained
While you with your heady marching
Have gloated and burped,
Partied all over the globe
Having walked on human souls,
As voiceless voices lost their eyes,
Their ears with infinite cries deafened
Losing their last rays of hope-

Your nose filled itself with all fragrant
Perfumes of the world,
Whilst I (and my children)
Smelled decomposing bodies
While I saw rotting flesh.

(3)
So I receded, like I was once taught
Yet I did not then
Hear the lesson
That my father whispered in my ear
(for that was before i took my birth)
My mother dozed off
Ignorant, half learnt, I came on this earth

Ignorant indeed, like a child, not youth
I entered into the Kurukshetra
To perish alive
I, the Abhimanyu of Mahabharata
Am now the 'awakened' one
Though equally childlike, yet again
I have come into the battlefield,
'N shaken by its imaginary wars
I have rubbed myself from stunning
Battle cries,
Men from one corner have uttered
Men from another have echoed,
But I, in my wounding, have only sighed

A long time thus passed
That the Awakened one was last
Told the plan (in her ear)
Yet did not know, what to do
Or who to look at
Or how to comprehend the world,
If at all.


(4)
So the plan was this
I'm told I can tell
The plan was this that from these
Broken up men, children and women
I have to NOW RAISE an Army
For its time has come

I have to raise an army
For this is what I was sent for
Now I remember my Father's whisper
No longer lost in the din of the world

I am now Awake
'N you knew it had to be
For you waited for me
Or you feared me so-
You sent spies on my chase
You installed big war machinery
To hunt me alive
In vain you tried to kill me 'mong
Muslims, 'mong Jews, 'mong the Sikhs
The poor, 'mong the people of the earth everywhere

For you feared that they heard
My breath in their ears
You feared them, so you killed them
Hunting me in them,
'N you sent
One Pootna (demon) after another
To poison the very blood in my veins

So now, and you knew this had to be,
For in books of men
My footfalls were predicted
They looked towards the East
To find out my face
They peered into the countours
Of all men and children
Never perhaps thinking at all
That KALKI when she comes,
Would be a woman.

(5)
So here I have come
The woman that I am
From my womanly, to my human destiny arisen
No longer in any sleep of chemicals
No longer connected to your deafening cries
                                                        either
But to the Peace of my own divine soul
Awake, awake, Eternally Awoken

Nay, no more
No more will you be able to
Set brother 'gainst brother
For My time has come
So have I-
To raise an army for peace

(6)
You raise an army for War
I raise an army for Peace
My army shall not comprise
Men in battle fatigues, or men with guns
I raise an army for no one nation
But I raise the army for only One
The Divine Nation

I raise an army of poets and painters
My call is to those children and women
I call to those filmmakers, actors and musicians
Artists from all over the planet to plan
Their grand plans that they saw first of all
To bring on earth that kingdom of heaven
That some never forgot
'N many more made to forget

I raise an army for Peace
Across nations, across any barriers that man created
For I am the one, no longer who
Carries the curse of Babel
'N in wresting free of it
Am now the Awakened one
Whose time has also come.

(7)
My call
First of all
Is those all the 'mad' people around
Who have seen signs of me long afore
'N in their ecstasies they lost their human
Boundaries and ways

Then this call is to those
Who in the twilight of the night
Wait for me to walk
So that as I tiptoe past
They can catch a glimpse (of me)
My whiff, or a sound of my cat-like paws
So they wake up in the night
To get that whiff or that murmur
But I keep silently away-

Then they call me from the mosque, minaret
Smiling in my sleep, I just turn away-
'N then they drown themselves
My faithful ones, in the madness of daily lives
They bow to me a thousand bows
That I bow back, they see not that.

(8)
The Awakened One
Has come once more
With songs of love and prayer
My life is steeped in service of God
My day replete and clear

As I draw my plans to raise
My armies of peace-warriors
My call as of now, is for my generals
And friends-
Who will surround me when,
I am threatened once again
No longer put me behind bars, asylums
Or in deep slumbers of the brain
Nor call me mad, insane or the loony One
For I am that Child of God
Who they all waited for
Not forgetting my Father's Plan
For me, this time.
And yet 'gain, Shantidoot is the name

Comments

Popular Posts