Broken winged swans

We, the broken winged ones
We, the ones thrown on cold
Floors of ice, mid the geese and the ducks
Who have searched for our reflections
In finding another of our kind,
Have only brought them under our wingspans 

So I know, for you told me so,
You did too, when your eyes they fell on me
You knew I was your's, around me you drew your arms
Yet pushed me away from you faraway
So that we could wait, for seasons and years to pass us by

Till both of us would from our woundings
Grow our wings all over again
For that flight we both dreamed of always
With a mate made but once for each
In this whole world searching one another
Hopelessly giving up, and yet not so-

We the broken winged ones
In one another our reflections we see
Now and we see eternity
How we have always known it to be
In finding one another finding that mate
For who we waited so patiently.

I, the teller of tales
The swan who wept tears into lakes
By that lake I wait for you, my beloved
Yet, my tears into songs have turned
Bringing many a goose and a drake
Around in their wake
But knowing my distant lover, I smile at them
And wait for he, who parted from me for an eternity.

Comments

Popular Posts